General Peer-Review Process
* All manuscripts submitted for publication in JUOZ are strictly and thoroughly peer-reviewed. The review process is double blind. If the manuscript is accepted for full review, it will be reviewed by a minimum of two external reviewers.
* Submitted manuscripts will undergo an initial check including a Plagiarism Check in the Editorial Office. An Editor together with the Editorial Office takes charge of the peer-review process. It starts with a preliminary review by the Editor (finished no more than 5 working days after manuscript submission).
* After a manuscript is accepted for full review, the Editor will invite at least two reviews to review the manuscript. Accordingly, the Reviewers may accept or decline the invitation as the Editor will be notified through the journal system about acceptance or declination of the invitation. In the acceptance case, the reviewers can review the manuscript after log in to the journal system as a reviewer. After passing 4 – 6 weeks, the Editor will collect the reviewers’ comments and prepare a decision letter based on the comments of the reviewers. The decision letter will be sent to the Corresponding Author(s) to request an adequate action. In addition, the Author(s) will see the reviewers’ comments and the decision letter in their account page at the journal system. In the case of the acceptance, the Author(s) will be asked to format the manuscript according to journal template before it goes into typesetting and proofreading with the publisher. The Author(s) will receive the paper as PDF file, produced by JUOZ for checking before it get published online. In briefly, the Review Process at JUOZ and details of the submitted manuscript are stated below and visualized in the following diagram.
- Preliminary review
- decision: accepted for review or
- decision: pre-rejected
- reviewer selection
- writing the decision letter including
- comments from reviewers
- Editor's comments
- Editor's decision about the next status of the manuscript:
- decision: accepted or
- decision: to be resubmitted or
- decision: to be revised or
- decision: rejected.